Why register on TeachingEnglish?
Registration on this site is totally free and allows you to interact with other users as well as add comments and download certain material. You can:
- build your own profile in an international online community;
- access our tools for teachers;
- join monthly online workshops;
- watch our teaching tips videos;
- sign up for a variety of teacher training courses;
- join in discussions with teachers around the world.
How to register?
It's quick and simple - just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Create new account
To register on the site click on Create new account in the User login box on the Home page. Registration is quick and simple and allows you to choose your own username.
Step 2: Validate your account
You will receive an email with your temporary password and log in link. You need to change your password the first time you log in to the site. You will be automatically redirected to your profile to do this.
Important information about your data
If you register on this site:
- you can always access, change or delete the information you provide;
- unless you agree otherwise when you register, we will only send you emails that let you know when somebody responds to your question or comments on the site, or for other service administration purposes;
- your personal details will only be used by the British Council.
When you register we ask for certain information from you (e.g. email address, country, username). Unless you agree otherwise when you register, we will only use this information:
- for administration procedures, such as when you need a replacement password;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website, including any content you provide;
- to monitor site statistics (e.g. number of registered users per country).