In this lesson learners will plan and create their own activity book for the school holidays. First, they will do two reading activities to prepare them. They will then look at some ideas for pages they can include in their own books. They will work in small groups, sharing their ideas and planning their books, deciding how many pages to have and which activities to include. Finally, they will create their books. This lesson will encourage learner autonomy.
Teachers can use a presentation for this lesson as a no printing option.
- Give reasons for making an activity book
- Follow instructions to make an activity book
- Choose activities which you find fun, interesting and that will help you learn English
- Have a range of activities to recycle, revise and practise English in the school holidays
Age and level:
5-8, 9-12 (A1 / A2)
Approximately 70-90 minutes or two shorter lessons
Materials can be downloaded below.
- Lesson plan
- Presentation (PowerPoint or PDF)
- Student worksheet 1
- Student worksheet 2
In addition you will need:
- Paper and card
- Staples or string