To support teachers’ ongoing professional development, teacher educators should be able to:
- explain, in a manner that motivates teachers, the value of professional development
- increase teachers’ awareness and experience of a range of individual and collaborative professional development activities, including those that make use of technology
- advise and mentor teachers, including through developmental lesson observations and post-lesson discussions
- provide regular opportunities for teachers to develop their reflective skills
- guide teachers in defining their own career goals and identifying professional development action plans to support these goals.