About the event
The British Council’s ELTons Innovation Awards are twenty years old. The 2022 awards ceremony celebrated twenty years of innovation in English language teaching and learning.
We marked the occasion with a celebration of the people, teams and organisations who have made a difference in English language teachers’ and learners’ lives since the ELTons began.
This year’s host was Michael Rosen, one of the best-known and beloved figures in the children’s book world.
About the ELTons Innovation Awards
We received 145 entries from 45 countries around the world. There are 27 finalists in five award categories:
- Excellence in Digital Innovation – Use of new, cutting-edge technologies (or breaking new ground with existing technologies) to benefit high-quality English language learning.
- Innovation in Learner Resources – For materials which draw on new modes of delivery or methods to engage, inspire and motivate learners across all age ranges.
- Innovation in Teacher Resources – For new resources which provide educators with the support they need, whether back at school, teaching online or a blend of both.
- Excellence in Course Innovation – Highlighting the complete, multi-level courses which help learners of any age achieve stretching levels of English language proficiency to meet their real-life needs.
- Excellence in Local Innovation – Resources or projects finding new and original ways to overcome challenging circumstances in specific, local contexts.