Critical thinking

Our latest tip looks at ‘Critical thinking’. Watch Alister using the map of the world with his young learner class to encourage greater critical thinking in language learning.

If this video is not available for viewing in your location, please click here

Comments

Submitted by Zhannat Shanbatyrova on Wed, 09/05/2012 - 12:46

Key questions are really important in teaching. I would be really happy to possess a great collection of such questions!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

Submitted by caterina.paves… on Wed, 09/05/2012 - 13:20

Thank you Alister!!! I was really inspired by your tips. The things that can be accomplished starting from a basic observation of a fact of real life! I will try and work out similar ideas for my lessons. Thanks again!

pls could you kind orientate me on the web.do u earn a crtifiacate at the end?

Submitted by Sally Trowbridge (not verified) on Mon, 11/26/2012 - 09:30

In reply to by bellobuba

Look at the top bar on the home page, you’ll find teaching resources (including lesson plans to download and print), sections on teacher development and teacher training as well as articles on different aspects of teaching.
You can scroll down to the bottom of the home page to see all our content in the directory.
There isn’t a certificate but we hope you enjoy using our website and find our resources useful!
Sally

Submitted by urvasi on Thu, 09/06/2012 - 15:56

Thank you! I was really inspired! How can I use critical thinking with lessons about school objects, days of the week, and "lexical" subjects? thank you...

Submitted by QueenieChan on Fri, 09/21/2012 - 01:47

where can i get those maps and balls?

Submitted by Actress2012 on Sun, 10/21/2012 - 10:12

Thank you, Alister! You tips are really amazing! I am greatly impressed and inspired.

Submitted by rafiahammed on Sun, 11/04/2012 - 02:22

nice dude this method was really attractive

Submitted by pamelafierro85 on Tue, 12/18/2012 - 20:52

... Congratulation ... I loved your work with those kids. i think it is amazing the way you motivated them. Because they learned and had a lot of fun as well. Your class was so dinamic and I feel really inspired. You are doing a magnificent work.

You are a versatile teacher.I do appreciate your teaching very much.Nothing be more important than teaching kids' critical thinking in our teaching lessons.I am new here.I am an enthusiastic learner.Hope learn more from you all.Thank you!

Submitted by Sasha Keser on Fri, 01/04/2013 - 19:55

Great! This is what I call motivation. Thanks Alister.

Submitted by sameer.shadeed on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 22:35

Really i appreciate you !!! inspired idea

Submitted by Ujjwal Karawande on Mon, 03/12/2018 - 11:57

It was really a very useful video. The longitudes meet at both the poles, but they never meet in the map. The farther we go from equator, the more is the stretch. The experiment done by the teacher by giving a tiny globe each really helped the learners to think critically. Great job!

Submitted by zarin on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 05:35

Hi, Could u provide me a link for this video to download. I am looking for online course which is accredited. Thanks

Submitted by Cath McLellan on Mon, 01/07/2019 - 09:58

In reply to by zarin

Hi Zarin Unfortunately the videos on our site are not available for download, but are free to use in the classroom / training room directly from the site. If you are looking for online teacher training courses, take a look at our training courses pages here: https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/training-courses - you can find a range of courses on different topics. I hope that helps, Thanks, Cath TE Team