Technology has already transformed our century. Smartphones, cloud computing, social media and videoconferencing are only a few of the major innovations that have exploded onto the scene. They have changed our lives and completely changed the ways in which we communicate and access information and learning.
Yet in 2020 teachers have also had to face another unexpected challenge – the Covid-19 pandemic. We know many children have missed learning during school closures and too many lack the conditions for remote learning. But the more that teachers can provide remote teaching the better.
These tips provide new ideas for teachers less familiar with remote teaching and provide fresh insights for teachers who already teach remotely. See the list of tips and guidance below:
- Getting started with online teaching
- Keeping your learners safe online
- Lesson planning for teaching live online
- A menu of ideas for online lessons
- Supporting neurodiversity in online teaching
- Inclusion in remote teaching contexts
- Helping parents and caregivers to support remote learning
- Supporting your child to learn remotely at home
- Maximising speaking opportunities in online lessons
- Maintaining student motivation while teaching remotely
- Using Facebook to teach English remotely
- Using mobile messenger apps to teach English remotely
- Teaching English via television or YouTube
- Teaching English using SMS
- Teaching English via telephone calls
- Teaching English via radio
- Teaching English remotely with limited technology
- Zoom: top tips for online English teaching
Download the publication below
Thanks for hands on tips and insights.
Wow, amazing, thank you so much!!
Thanks a lot!!!!!!
I completely agree, now in our time, everyone uses smartphones, laptops, now it's much easier to study online than offline. As you mentioned, during the quarantine period, it was very difficult to study offline, during this period of time, online study became very popular among people. In addition, thank you very much for providing so many amazing and useful applications for online classes.
This is very meaningful and useful to quench our thirst in Teaching English as a second Language.
Thank you for this opportunity! It's very helpful and valuable.
It is really things that I can use in my teaching practice
It's the best way to share our knowledge with students due to the global pandemic
Thank you indeed for the informative guide!
Great ideas. Thanks a lot.
Great ideas, thanks for your work!