December 2013: Dave Dodgson - Using games to engage, motivate and educate language learners

Watch a recording of this webinar looking at the use of games to motivate, engage and educate language learners.

About the webinar

Video games are a long established part of many people’s recreational habits, and have the power to engage and motivate players. Just like any other resource we use in class, if used in the right way, games can provide a powerful stimulus and solid context for acquiring and developing language skills. This session will present ways in which the topic of games, or the playing of games in the English language classroom can be used to engage, motivate and educate language learners.

About the speaker

David Dodgson has worked with young learners in Ankara, Turkey for over ten years and recently completed an MA in Educational Technology and TESOL with the University of Manchester. He is also very active in online circles. He runs the blog http://eltsandbox.weebly.com/. He tweets regularly (@DaveDodgson) and presents to global audiences at online conferences. His professional interests include dogme ELT, learner autonomy, effective use of technology in the classroom and self-development for language teachers.

Watch a recording of the webinar below

If this video is not available for viewing in your location, please click here

Comments

Submitted by Sabahat Rafique on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 17:05

I want to know the procedure to register myself for attending different webinar.I also want to receive an email a day before as reminder.

Submitted by roony on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 11:57

I am interested in the theme of this webinar and would like to register and be reminded of it

Submitted by JAMESJOYCE on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 13:23

I want to attend this seminar. What do I have to do? Just log in on the day of the seminar? Thank you in advance

Submitted by djurdjica16 on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 16:45

I want to know the procedure to register myself for attending different webinar.I also want to recieve an email a day before as reminder.

Submitted by franzuasa on Wed, 12/11/2013 - 18:17

I'm very interested in attending this webinar. Could you, please, tell where and when it is possible to register. It would be great to get an email reminding about the time. Thanks in advance!

Submitted by Viviana W on Fri, 12/13/2013 - 18:21

I'd like to attend such an interesting seminar. Thank you =)

Submitted by alsoxana on Sun, 12/15/2013 - 06:42

Hello TeachingEnglish Team! I've got questions about the upcoming webinar: Should I apply for the registration or there will be free access to the webinar? Where can I find the link? Thank you

Submitted by Mrs Kingdon on Wed, 12/18/2013 - 08:47

I would like to hear this webinar but I'm teaching a class at 09:05 UK time today. Is this available at any other time please?