This lesson plan helps raise awareness of yoga and relaxation, which can benefit the physical and mental well-being of children as well as adults.
In the first part of the lesson, learners do a basic yoga pose and a warm-up. They then learn and practise language for giving instructions for yoga poses. Next, they create their own instructions for a yoga pose, which they give to a partner to follow. After the yoga poses, learners experience a guided relaxation. They then draw a picture to illustrate the 'story' they heard during the relaxation, or they can draw a picture of a different scene that they find relaxing. Finally, they describe their picture to a classmate.
- To raise learners' awareness of yoga
- To build learners' vocabulary for body parts and actions
- To practise using imperatives
- To develop listening and speaking skills
- To encourage imagination
Age and level:
Primary (8–12 years) at CEFR level A2 and above
60–90 minutes approximately
The lesson plan and student materials can be downloaded below in PDF format.
- lesson plan for face-to-face teaching
- lesson plan for remote teaching
- worksheet for face-to-face teaching
- presentation slides for remote teaching
- instructions sheet for poses and relaxation
- Tree pose picture
- Warrior pose picture
You will also need: