Collect a list of about ten words students have mispronounced.
- Divide students into teams of two to four.
- Spell out the first word, for example C-U-L-T-U-R-E.
- Ask the teams to confer on the correct pronunciation and to pick a spokesperson.
- Then ask each team's spokesperson to pronounce the word.
- Mark on a piece of paper if it's right or not. After each team has given its guess, allot points on the board to the teams that pronounced the word well.
- Continue with the next word.
It's a good idea to rotate the starting team with each round because otherwise, students will start changing their guesses to match the pronunciation of winning team. I usually do just ten words and then award candy or another reward to the team with the most points. Students really start to be careful about their pronunciation when points are involved!