What makes a lesson GREAT?

Watch a recording of this webinar with Anthony Gaughan looking at the ingredients that go into making a great lesson.

About the webinar

Every teacher - and every learner - can probably recognise a great lesson when they experience one, but what exactly are the qualities that, when added up, make an everyday experience into an extraordinary one? Taking this further, can teachers do anything deliberate to make GREAT lessons, or are they simply a matter of luck? Anthony will suggest five characteristics of GREAT lessons that he thinks are not only central to lesson success, but are also things that teachers can develop with some simple strategies that he hopes to share.

Watch a recording of the webinar: http://britishcouncil.adobeconnect.com/p3hvhheb9a1/

About the speaker

Anthony Gaughan has been involved in English teaching for over 17 years in the UK and Germany. A state-qualified teacher in the UK, he is currently Head of CELTA training at the Hamburg school of English, where he is busy with an ongoing experiment to unplug initial teacher education by applying Dogme ELT principles to the CELTA.

Comments

Submitted by ali zibaei on Thu, 06/28/2012 - 09:56

hello will we receive a certificate of attendance for participating in webinars? and i have difficulty entering the adobe-connect as a member what can i do?

Submitted by Sally Trowbridge (not verified) on Fri, 06/29/2012 - 08:46

Hi Ali

The link should be working now. I'm afraid you don't receive a certificate of attendance but we hope you find this webinar interesting and useful. You can let us know what you think by posting a comment here.

Sally

Submitted by Hany Mohamed A… on Sun, 07/15/2012 - 20:51

hello friends

Can you help me attend webinars concerning English teaching and education as I'm an English teacher .

I want to get an attendance certificate

please help me

Hany

Submitted by zalebi on Sat, 07/21/2012 - 15:11

I'm English teacher , and new in webinars courses all the information or e-books about teaching interest  me .

I need your help.

Submitted by alva-8 on Mon, 07/23/2012 - 05:05

Hello! I am afraid I can`t find the schedule of upcoming webinars for English language teachers. How can I find it?

Submitted by Sally Trowbridge (not verified) on Fri, 09/07/2012 - 08:54

In reply to by alva-8

Hi!
You can check out our schedule of webinars for English language teachers on this page: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/webinars

Registration for webinars free and generally opens a week before the event. You can also watch recordings of our ELT webinars here if you can't attend.

Sally

Submitted by Paul Braddock on Fri, 09/07/2012 - 12:17

Hi - just to let you know, the upcoming webinars schedule should be available very soon!

Paul

Submitted by erikaosvath on Wed, 09/19/2012 - 15:47

Hi Paul,

Are the webinars going to be recorded? This is a qs people have been asking me ... and I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Erika

Submitted by Bruna_bortoli on Mon, 06/24/2013 - 23:21

I've been trying to watch this webinar but the link never seems to load.

Could you please try to update the link? thanks

Submitted by Sally Trowbridge (not verified) on Wed, 06/26/2013 - 05:12

Hi Bruna,
The webinar link is working fine here, although it is a little slow to load. Could you try using a different browser and let us know if this helps?
Best wishes,
Sally

Sign up to our newsletter for teaching ideas and free resources