- Spot the vocabulary
- Collocation pelmanism
- Quick revision games
- Word association recitation
- The revision box
- The comparison game
- Stop the bus
- Adopt a word
- Lexical threads
- The memory game
- Making it up - Phrasal verb stories
- Word grid
- Poetic introductions / Picture game
- Definitions - Get rid of it
- Word guessing games
- Wall dictionary
- Same, opposite or different dictation
- Vocabulary box
- Hot seat
- Vocabulary phonemic revision activity
- Vocabulary self-study activities
I find them useful to have up the sleeve and are also motivating--soo important.
I have taught English about three and half years but I still cannot find some suitable ways to teach lexis. Thanks to your resouces, hence I can find tons of useful methods for my further teaching.
1. Reading a lot: Reading everything we can get your hands on is one of the most passive and most effective ways to boost your vocabulary.
2. Keeping a thesaurus and a dictionary nearby.
3. Making Flashcards.
4. Describing our Surroundings.
5. Listening to Music.
6. Committing to learning one new word every day.