You are here
Using stories in the classroom
This lesson is aimed at lower intermediate students. It could be adapted for use with higher and lower levels.
This particular lesson uses an adapted version of ‘The Emperor's new clothes' by Hans Christian Andersen, but other stories can be used in the same way.
‘The Emperor's new clothes' by Hans Christian Andersen
- To develop students' ability to reconstruct a grammatically and textually coherent piece of writing
- To provide practice in prediction skills in order to ease the understanding of a new text
- To provide practice in gist listening in order to encourage students to not focus on difficult vocabulary and thus make authentic listening texts more accessible
- To provide practice in scanning a text for information
- To by the end of this lesson the students will be able to successfully form past simple object questions in writing
Lesson plan: guide for teacher on procedure.
Download lesson plan 90k pdf
Worksheets: can be printed out for use in class.
- worksheet - four tasks and text
Download worksheet 76k pdf
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org