This lesson exploits a story to develop the reading and vocabulary of primary-age learners. One of the main aims of using stories at this level is the general development of reading skills. Using longer story texts develops a far wider range of skills than is usually included in texts in primary coursebooks. In this story lesson, learners are given the opportunity to hear and read an original narrative story and build their knowledge of how a story develops.
Monkey facts and abilities
CEFR level B1+
- To develop reading skills by using a short, narrative story
- To reinforce forms of the present tense, particularly third person
- worksheet (one per learner)
- Miko the monkey story text (one per learner)
- pictures of various species of monkey (optional)