Teaching for Success online conference day 3 - The learner
Please note, all talks will be recorded.
Links to the recordings will be available 24 hours after the live talk. For links to the recordings, go to: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/events/teaching-success-online-conference and select the talk you want to watch.All times UK
12.00 – 12.30
- Opening plenary: Silvana Richardson - Successful teacher education: a call for principled globalisation.
12.45 – 13.15: Concurrent sessions
- David Crabtree - How learning from our learners can make us better teachers.
- Aya Awwad - Second language acquisition in terms of speech and language disorders.
- James Mitchell - Integrating sexual diversity into ESL materials, classroom management and class discussions
13.30 – 14.00
- Phil Dexter - Understanding and engaging with neurodiversity: it’s not what we think but how we think!
14.15 – 14.45: Concurrent sessions
- Rachael Roberts - Planning for differentiation.
- Karen Hooper/Pauline Taylor - Adapting the CPD framework to provide sustainable support in public secondary schools.
- Masha Andrievich - Why can’t they all just sit and be quiet?
15.00 – 15.30
- John Simpson - Using multilingual approaches: challenges for doing so and suggestions for addressing these.
15.45 – 16.15: Concurrent sessions
- Ian Clifford - Towards evidence- and skills-based development.
- Maria Jose Galleno - Giving a hand: Apps for dyslexia
15.45 - 16.45
- Discussion forum – Are our classrooms inclusive? Maha Khochen-Bagshaw and Susan Hillyard
17.00 – 17.30: Closing plenary
- Sally Farley - How can we use assistive technology to support learners with SEN and create a more inclusive classroom?
Download the programme for day 3 below.