Teaching for Success Online Conference day 1 - the teacher as reflective practitioner
All talks will be recorded.
Links to the recordings will be available 24 hours after the live talk. For links to the recordings, go to: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/events/teaching-success-online-conference and select the talk you want to watch.
All times UK
12.00 – 12.30:
- Opening plenary: Alison Barrett
12.45 – 13.15: Concurrent sessions
- Andy Keedwell and Ruchi Jain - Supporting and developing teacher reflection
- Sadie Maddocks - An education system that works
- Megha Ahuja - Ensuring teacher training effectiveness through mentoring
13.30 – 14.00:
Briony Beaven - Teacher stories: A way for teachers to share with and learn from each other
14.15 – 14.45: Concurrent sessions
- Colin Bangay - Keeping it real. The starting point is where you are!
- Svetlana Kandybovich - On the way to success: higher standards, higher quality
- Tran Thi Hieu Thuy Nguyen and Thi Kim Phuong - Enhancing quality of reflection: What can Vietnamese teachers do?
- Sarah Priestley - Making mentoring a meaningful CPD experience
15.00 – 15.30:
- Sinéad Laffan - Five, ten, fifteen minutes? Exactly how long does 'development' take?
15.45 – 16.45:
- Action Research panel discussion - Chris Farrell, David Petrie, Peter Clements, Sarah Smith
15.45 – 16.15: Concurrent sessions
- Jeremy Philips - Reflective teaching for the real world
- Robin Foggo - Walking the talk: taking responsibility for PD in a flipped learning environment
17.00 – 17.30: Closing plenary
- Ann Burgess - Learning from each other internationally
Download the programme for day 1 below.