You are here
Snack facts - recording vocabulary
Introduction: In this engaging series of activities, which use four short texts about 'snack culture', students will discuss different ways of recording vocabulary. They will learn how to notice patterns in vocabulary and how to speculate about the meaning of new vocabulary based on suffixes and word-building patterns. If you have internet access, your students will also have an opportunity to use the British Council's LearnEnglish Teens website.
Topic: Snack food, eating habits
- To develop students’ awareness of vocabulary features (chunks, suffixes, etc.)
- To help students discover some ways to record vocabulary
- To encourage students to keep a record of new vocabulary
- To encourage students to work together on a collaborative task.
Age: Teenagers and young adults
Time: 60 minutes +
- Lesson plan
- Student worksheets
- Either internet access to the Snack facts text on LearnEnglish Teens or the Snack facts original texts (A, B, C and D) if no internet access.