Topic: What is lightning and how is it generated in storm clouds?
- To develop learners’ understanding of lightning and storm clouds.
- To develop and activate new lexis related to electricity, lightning and science.
- To develop recognition of stress pattern in noun-noun collocations
- To develop understanding of words for cause and effect: causes /makes /allows.
Age: 15yrs - 17yrs old
Level: B1.2 – B2 Intermediate
Time: 90mins approximately
Materials and preparation:
- Worksheets Electricity and lightning: what is lightning? You need one copy for each learner.
- Storm cloud information exchange cards. You need copy of one card for each learner in groups of four.
- Electricity and lightning filmed workshop: what is lightning?
You can view and download all the material below