You are here
Rants and Raves - Please and thank you
In this lesson, students will listen to a monologue about a persons reflection of using "please" and "thank you" in conversation. They will match how its done in other languages and complete a listening comprehension activity. There are also suggestions for developing the theme of manners to practise specific areas of grammar.
- To practise listening skills
- To improve students’ understanding of using ‘please’ and ‘thank you’
- To introduce how to say please and thank you in other languages
Adults and teenagers
CEF level A2-B1
30 minutes plus time for developing the theme
The lesson plan, transcript and student worksheets can be downloaded in PDF format below
Related resources you may like
- See a list of all the resources in the 'Rants and Raves' series to help students practise their listening skills.
- Good Manners This activity is all about manners and etiquette. This can be an interesting topic to discuss with your students, especially if there are cultural differences regarding norms of behaviour between the country you're working in and the UK.