About the webinar
With many of us making the shift to remote teaching and learning it seems all the more important to remember to maintain the human aspect of language learning. What could be more human than the need to create? In this session Nik Peachey will share ideas, exercises and activities which foster our students’ creativity and enable them to use language in a creative way. The activities will show how the remote classroom can be leveraged to make language learning and use a creative and engaging experience.
Date: Thursday 25 February 2021
Watch a recording of the webinar below
About the speaker
Nik Peachey is Director of Pedagogy at PeacheyPublications, an independent digital publishing company that specialises in the design of digital learning materials. He has been involved in Education since 1990 and has more than 20 years experience of working specifically with online and blended learning environments. He has worked all over the world training teachers and developing innovative and creative products and is a two-time British Council Innovations award winner. His customers include British Council, Eton College, Open University, Google Creative Labs and International House.
His more recent projects have included two years as pedagogical manager for a 100% online school owned by Macmillan ELT, Head of Content development for EtonX a 100% online school owned by Eton College and content developer for an English and Interfaith Dialogue course designed for the British Council and Al-Azhar University in Cairo.
His books include:
- Hacking Creativity (Shortlisted for the 2020 British Council award for Innovation in Teacher resources)
- Digital Tools for Teachers - Trainer's edition (Shortlisted for the 2018 British Council award for Innovation in Teacher resources)
- Thinking Critically through Digital Media
- Digital Video - A Manual for Language Teachers (Winner of the 2016 British Council award for Innovation in Teacher resources)
- Conversation & Listening - A series of lesson for the digital classroom
- He also co-edited Creativity in the ELT Classroom and Integrating global issues in the creative English language classroom for the British Council
- He is editor of the Edtech & ELT Newsletter: https://tinyletter.com/technogogy/
It was interesting and useful
Amazing presentation! Very interesting and above all very useful.
Great that you found it useful!
This is an excellent and useful webinar for English Teachers which stresses on Digital Learning. In the current pandemic era, the importance of digital skills have become very important.