You are here
Places in Pride and Prejudice
It terms of language, it focuses on descriptive language for places, mainly opinion and factual adjectives and adjectives word order.
Level: Intermediate /B1 onwards
Time: approx. 55 minutes
- To introduce the locations in Pride and Prejudice
- To introduce/ review/ recycle language to describe places and landscapes
- To help student to expand their vocabulary
- To practise adjectives word order
- To practise the pronunciation of names and individual sounds
- To provide opportunities to explore aspects of Austen’s descriptive language.
The teacher notes, lesson plan and student worksheets are all available to download below.
In addition, you will also need:
- Some pictures of the English countryside and villages (from the Internet or other sources)
- If possible pictures of the houses used as location in the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice
- A large map of England or the UK – hardcopy or slide.