You are here
Out of Time (lower Level)
The focus of this lesson is predicting what an image will looks like from an audio description, focussing on vocabulary and structures used to talk about a picture, and on preparing a giving short talk about another image of the students' choice. The materials accompanying this pack are designed to be used with lower level (A2-B1) students.
Each pack in this series includes an audio recording of the photographer talking about their photo, together with a complete downloadable lesson plan on how to exploit the image and the audio. There are downloadable student worksheets and a full-size copy of the image.
In this lesson, students are asked to do the following:
- Listen to a photographer talking about a photo and try to predict what it will look like.
- Focus on vocabulary relating to the image
- Listen for detail, and do a sentence completion task (Listening skills)
- Choose an image and, using the language from the listening task, prepare a short presentation about the photo (Writing skills)
- Present their photograph to their classmates from their notes (Speaking skills)
Important: Please read
To support teachers having to work online during the COVID-19 pandemic, this lesson has been adapted for teachers providing online classes. The lesson notes are specifically for online lessons and the class materials have been made available as a PowerPoint.
Included in the teachers' notes, there is guidance and advice for what teachers need to know and do before and at the beginning of an online class. Please read the lesson instructions carefully before using them. They are for guidance only, and designed to be used with the most common online platforms. You may need to adapt the lesson to the format and online platform you are working with.