Learners will learn or review vocabulary for a variety of classroom objects, as well as prepositions of place, in order to be able to describe where things are in the classroom. They will draw, play games and sing a song to practise the language and structures. There are also several additional suggestions for follow-up activities that can be set as homework or done in following lessons as review.
- To learn or review vocabulary related to classroom objects
- To review prepositions of place
- To review the structure 'It's on the table.'
- To practise using the structure 'There's a pen on the table.'
CEFR level A1/A2
The lesson plan can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need:
- a photo of your own classroom or a generic classroom picture, for example:
- a variety of the more mobile objects such as a pen, pencil, folder, book, etc. (one set per learner and one for the teacher) or flashcards of the objects, for example:
- a set of sticky labels with the names of the classroom objects written on them
- a classroom picture for learners to draw on, such as the one above (one per learner)
- a matching worksheet with pictures and words of the classroom objects (one per learner) – optional, for follow-up/homework