You are here
My healthy lunch
In this lesson children draw a lunch setting and then play a dice game to decide what to eat from a selection of foods, which include many healthy choices. This game can be played as part of World Food Day, which is celebrated on 16 October each year, or whenever you cover the topic of food with your young learners.
- To celebrate World Food Day on 16 October
- To encourage children to make healthy food choices
- To practise food vocabulary and identify some food categories
- To extend students' ideas by talking about good food choices and comparing food around the world
- To practise language for making choices, the first conditional with will and to practise simple phrases related to food.
Primary learners aged 6–8
CEFR level A1
The lesson plan and worksheets can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need:
- one dice per group of learners
- optional: coloured pencils, pens or crayons to colour the lunches; paper, pens and coloured pencils for extending the lesson to include a healthy lunch food display