In this lesson students listen as the teacher describes the lives of three Grandfriends, choosing the pictures which correspond to each person. They use the information to invent a Grandfriend, or to describe a Grandparent or an older person they know. There are two versions of this lesson - one designed for use in face-to-face classrooms, and another to be used in online and remote teaching contexts.
- explore the topic of intergenerational friendships
- listen to a model and be given speaking practice to describe people
- use the third person present simple to describe where people live, their pets, what they like and what they do
Age and level:
Primary students between 6-8 year olds / CEFR level A1
50 - 60 minutes
The teacher notes and student material can be downloaded below in PDF format
Important: Please read
Included in the teachers' notes for each lesson, you will find:
- Guidance and advice on managing group and pair work activities in face-to-face classrooms with physical distancing protocols.
- Guidance and advice for what teachers need to know and do before and at the beginning of an online class. Please read the lesson instructions carefully before using them. They are for guidance only, and designed to be used with the most common online platforms. You may need to adapt the lesson to the format and online platform you are working with.
- A combination of the lesson plan for online teaching and the lesson plan for face-to-face teaching can be used in 'hybrid' situations, where some students in the class are studying from home and others are physically in the classroom. Classroom material for the online lesson is provided as a PDF.