This kit contains a variety of resources, from text and tasks to illustrations, flashcards and presentations, for you to download and use in your classroom. You can also find online and printable materials for students on the British Council's LearnEnglish Kids website.
- Activities: a collection of activities related to the story
- Chants: a collection of spoken drill type activities
- Flashcards: to help you to build up vocabulary and support understanding
- Play: to help you to use the materials to produce a short play
- Story: to help you to tell the story
- Introduction (explains how you can use the materials in class)
- Working with flashcards (notes for teachers)
- Working with plays (notes for teachers)
- Making masks (black and white)
- Making masks (colour)
- Working with stories (notes for teachers)
About this BritLit Kit
This is the first in a short series of kits for primary school learners of English. It was produced to respond to the initiative of governments, including the Portuguese government, to lower the age at which English is taught in state schools. Written by Carolyne Ardron and Sue Clarke, illustrations by Paul Millard.