This lesson introduces learners to some of the main issues related to litter, through poetry, and raises awareness of what can be done to reduce it.
Pre-Intermediate and above
- To consolidate and extend understanding of vocabulary associated with litter pollution
- To develop an ability to understand and respond to poetry
- To be able make suggestions to solve problems
- To follow sentence stress patterns and rhythm to read a poem aloud
- To express their ideas on litter in the form of a poem
Lesson plan: guide for teacher on procedure including answers to tasks.
Download lesson plan 104k pdf
Worksheets: materials which can be printed out for use in class. These worksheets contain:
- Litter poem and word work
- Facts about litter
- Student poem worksheets
Download worksheets 435k pdf
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com