You are here
Language for Resilience: Core skills in your context
Welcome to the Language for Resilience online training series
There are four training modules for teachers in the series.
About this module
Understand how to expand teaching and learning programmes to embed core life skills. Take this module to see how core skills can be integrated into existing programmes with efficacy and enhanced learning outcomes.
Core skills in your context is a three-hour self-study training module, which is divided into three one-hour units.
- By the end of unit 1, you'll be able to define core skills and explain the evidence base for focusing on core skills
- By the end of unit 2, you'll be able to prioritise core skills according to context and recognise effective approaches to core skills teaching
- By the end of unit 3, you'll be able to identify the strengths and limitations of your own teaching/learning programmes and identify possible areas for development
1st to 12th March 2021
Three hours self-study
Level of English required:
CEFR B1 and above
Before your course starts, we recommend accessing the following resources:
- Facebook group - To get the most out of the course, join the Facebook group for course participants, practitioners, researchers and course developers to get support and advice from peers. This is where your moderators will be able to respond to your questions and help you with guidance.
- Research - Download our Language for Resilience report to learn about teachers and students needs in the Middle East and North Africa
- YouTube - Watch the Language for Resilience videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel to meet the staff, teachers and students making a difference in the Middle East and North Africa.
For participants who successfully complete all tasks and achieve a score of 70% or above in the online exercises, there will be a downloadable certificate of completion at the end of each module.