It forms part of a series of self-study booklets, in which teachers will find useful theory and practice for teaching English effectively, including short case studies and professional development activities to do individually and with colleagues.
Featuring a range of engaging and accessible activities, the booklets help teachers to:
- identify areas for development
- find a variety of ways to improve their teaching knowledge
- develop the skills they need in and out of the classroom.
Teacher educators can make use of these materials to work with developing teachers to help assess and address their learning needs.
Each booklet covers one of the professional practices in the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework for teachers and is based on research into what effective professional development involves.
In this booklet, you will look at:
- Listening and reading skills
- Writing skills
- Selecting appropriate methodology and resources for introducing and practising language
The publications are free to download in pdf format.