You are here
This lesson asks students to discuss ways of changing their image before reading an informative article about tattoos. They then design a new image for a client of their company and then for themselves before discussing at what age they should be allowed to take certain decisions. The themes are image-consciousness and personal choice.
Image consciousness/changing your look
Intermediate and above
- To develop students’ ability to communicate their opinion on and reaction to a text
- To develop students’ ability to negotiate in a group and work as a team
- To develop students’ ability to defend their position in a conflictive situation
- To expand students’ vocabulary on the modern-day topic of image
Lesson plan: guide for teacher on procedure including worksheet tasks and answers to tasks.
Download lesson plan 128k pdf
Worksheets: exercises which can be printed out for use in class. The worksheet contains:
- A warmer activity
- A text about tattoos with pre- and post-reading questions
- A teamwork role-play activity set in a company
- A pairwork speaking activity
- A family role-play activity with role cards
- A discussion task
Download worksheets 83k pdf
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format. Where indicated, there is also audio available to be downloaded. Audio is supplied in mp3 format. If you have difficulty downloading the materials see the download section of the Help page.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com