Do native English speakers need language training in order to communicate successfully in an international context in their own native tongue? This is the interesting question that Chia Suan Chong raises in her blog post.
This month's shortlist has some great posts on a variety of topics, including how to use collaboration to create a class story, a list of websites offering video content for students, developing habits to create an effective learning environment, alternative ways to introduce your lesson and strategies to encourage student speaking.
- Mike Astbury – Class story
- Kieran Donaghy – The Seven Best Video Websites for ELT Students
- Anthony Ash – 5 Good Teaching Habits
- Peter Pun – 18 more ways to introduce your lesson topic
- Tekhnologic – Nomination Cards: Giving students a chance to speak