About English Teaching Talks
English Teaching Talks is new series produced by the British Council and presented by English language teaching experts from around the world. Divided into 6 short episodes, each video gives practical and useful advice, and is designed to help you develop your skills as an English language teacher in a number of different areas.
Other episodes in the series that are currently available include:
- Learning outside the classroom - Claudia Rey
- Assessing learning - Carolyn Westbrook and Richard Spiby
About the videos
In this series of six short videos, Nik Peachey helps us with many important issues about integrating ICT (Information and Communication Technology), including a framework to help think about how we integrate ICT, sources and the motivation for using ICT for our professional development, practical ideas for class to build both language and digital literacies, criteria to help choose the best apps for your learners and guidance on how to plan blended work. Below is a list of each video. All videos include subtitles in English:
Video 1: Introduction (3:41 minutes)
Video 2: Integrating ICT into the classroom (3:46 minutes)
Video 3: ICT for Professional Development (3:34 minutes)
Video 4: ICT for Developing Language and Digital Skills (3:48 minutes)
Video 5: Selecting Apps for Students (3:47 minutes)
Video 6: ICT for Blended Learning (4:10 minutes)
To integrate ICT effectively, Nik says that teachers need:
- a framework to help see how to use ICT to increase learning impact.
- to know how to use ICT as a tool for their own development.
- ideas for developing language and digital literacies using ICT.
- to be able to select the best apps to use in class for their context.
- to know how to integrate ICT into a design for blended learning.
Before you watch the videos, think about the questions below. If you are using this resource as part of your professional development in your institution, discuss the questions below with your colleagues
- Why do you choose the ICT options you use?
- What sites or apps would you recommend to a colleague who is starting to integrate ICT? Why?
- Which ICT tools have made the most difference to your learners’ language and/or digital literacy skills?
- How do you ‘mix’ or ‘blend’ ICT tools and face to face contact into your courses? Why?
- What ideas would you expect to be included in the video? Why?
What ideas does Nik give for each of the teacher needs specified in the rationale above?
- Which ideas would work well in your context? Why?
- What ideas would you add?
- What are you going to do as a result of watching this video?
- Was this a good choice of ideas for the video? Why/ why not?
Watch the introduction below and watch all six videos in the series on YouTube
Please how do I enroll for this course?
Thanks a lot for all these materials
thank for materials
how enroll in
You don't need to enrol to watch this series of videos - simply click on the link above. This will take you to YouTube where you can watch all the videos in the series.