You are here
The English at home treasure hunt
In this lesson children complete a worksheet by following the instructions to search for objects and words found at home. Children are asked to find and draw objects, tick boxes and write simple English words and sentences in this fun activity which aims to give practice to children learning at home. They share the information with their parents, or their teachers and classmates online. Ideas for extending the lesson are provided below.
- To provide teachers or parents with a lesson to use with children during the school closures or to use as homework
- To practise English vocabulary found in the house and the prepositions in, on and under
- To give early primary children reading, writing and drawing practice
- To encourage students to have fun while learning English at home
- To encourage children to find evidence of English in their environment
Primary learners aged 6–8
CEFR level A1
The lesson plan and worksheet can be downloaded in PDF format below. In addition, you will need some links from the LearnEnglish Kids website (see the lesson plan for more details) and the learners will need a pencil or pen and (optional) coloured pencils, pens or crayons.