You are here
English in higher education - English medium
Part 1: literature review
It is written and researched by a team of leading academics in the field of EM in HE and provides the evidence base for part two. The report examines research on:
- defining EM
- the growth and drivers for the growth of EM in HE
- perceived benefits
- approaches to implementation
- challenges and successes of studying through English
- quality assurance systems and frameworks for EM programmes
- and support systems for students and content lecturers using EM.
The report highlights practical examples of EM policy and implementation and identifies gaps in EM in HE research.
Part 2: a British Council perspective
It provides the British Council’s perspective on English-medium education in HE. The perspective is intended to guide, align and communicate the British Council’s approach to English-medium education in HE and provoke and facilitate further discussion about the role of English in HE.
Watch the six-minute video summary of part one and download part one and part two in pdf format below.