You are here
English in higher education - English medium Part 1: literature review
It forms part one, a literature review, of a two part publication on British Council’s perspective on EM in HE. It is written and researched by a team of leading academics in the field of EM in HE and provides the evidence base for part two which is due to be published in January 2021. The report examines research on:
- defining EM
- the growth and drivers for the growth of EM in HE
- perceived benefits
- approaches to implementation
- challenges and successes of studying through English
- quality assurance systems and frameworks for EM programmes
- and support systems for students and content lecturers using EM.
The report highlights practical examples of EM policy and implementation and identifies gaps in EM in HE research.
Watch the six-minute video summary and download this publication in a pdf format below.