You are here
Age: Adults or Senior YLs
Level: Up to B1
Time: 40 mins +
- Tell students that they are going to listen to a podcast. Explain that you are going to give them each a worksheet to complete while they listen.
- Give each student a copy of worksheet 1. Give students a few minutes to read through the fact file and to ask any questions about unknown language.
- Students listen to Elementary podcast series 2, episode 7 and complete worksheet 1 while listening.
- Check students' answers as a whole class.
- Give each student a copy of worksheet 2. Explain that they are going to listen to another podcast. This time they have to complete the worksheet themselves. This stage can be done in class or set as homework. Give each student a different podcast to listen to. Direct them to the podcasts from series 2.
As a follow up activity, put students into pairs. Get them to show each other their completed worksheets and to ask and answer questions about the information they have found. Alternatively, ask students to write a short (75 words) summary of the content of their podcast.
Answers to worksheet 1
2 second hand
4 Jane Austin
7 golf course
8 nature reserve
9 gets lost
By Katherine Bilsborough
The worksheets are downloadable and in MS Word format - right click on the attachments below and save them on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com