You are here
Eco-literacy: What? Why? And How?
About the webinar
If you are thinking, Eco-literacy! What is it? Why is it important? How can I do it? … this webinar is for you. You will leave the session with a clear understanding of what eco-literacy means, why it is important and, more importantly, how you can easily start developing your learners’ eco-literacy skills … from tomorrow.
8 October 2021
17.00pm UK. See what time this is in your location
About the speakers
Ceri Jones is an ELT author and teacher trainer based in the south of Spain. She is one of the co-founders of the ‘ELT Footprint’ community. She is interested in exploring student- and teacher-generated solutions to teaching and learning.
Katherine Bilsborough is an ELT author and teacher trainer. She is a co-founder of the global ‘ELT Footprint’ community, winner of the 2020 ELTons award for Innovation in Teacher Resources. She is passionate about educating teachers, creating ELT materials, and protecting the environment.
Important information about our webinars - please read
- How to watch the webinar
Our webinars are free.
They take place in Zoom. You do not need any special equipment to watch the webinars apart from a computer with the audio on.
Once you have registered for the webinar, you will receive an email with:
- a link to join
- a passcode that you will need to enter to join the webinar
- any other relevant information
Please do not delete this email.
If you have any specific accessibility requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should say which webinar you are attending and ask us to contact you regarding your needs.
Instructions for joining the webinar
- Click on the link that was emailed to you when you registered for the webinar
- If requested, introduce the passcode that was emailed to you when you registered for the webinar
- Webinar recordings
All TeachingEnglish webinars are recorded and available to watch on demand between 24 and 48 hours after the live webinar has ended. To view the recording of this webinar, please visit the same page on TeachingEnglish, or go to https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/news-events/webinars where you will find a list of all webinars and available recordings. Recordings will be available to watch for a minimum of six months and up to two years after the live event.
Certificates of attendance are available for all attendees. The link to obtain your certificate is provided in the following places:
- At the end of the webinar in the chat box
- In the 'Thank you for attending email' that you will receive 1 day after the webinar.
- At the end of the feedback survey once you have answered the questions.
- You should type your name on the certificate and download it. We recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to do this.
- Copies of the presentations
Where possible, we will make a PDF copy of the presentation available for you to download. However, for copyright reasons, this may not always be allowed.