You are here
Doing things with sounds: Practical pronunciation activities for your classroom
The British Council sponsored the live-streaming of the IATEFL Pronunciation SIG - NATECLA London conference 'Accentuate: bringing pronunciation to the fore'. Here we have the session given by Mark Hancock.
- Video 1 - Introduction
- Video 2 - Experimenting with sound
- Video 3 - Ways of representing sound
- Video 4 - Exploring sound
- Video 5 - Imagining the inside of the mouth to understand sound
- Video 6 - Playing with sound
- Video 7 - Communicating with minimal pairs
- Video 8 - Shared tricks of the trade
- Question 1: What is the correlation between being able to hear a sound and being able to articulate it?
- Question 2: Q2 Are mobile apps a good way to teach pronunciation?
Mark Hancock looks at individual sounds and things we and our students can do with them, including experimenting and imagining, representing and exploring, and playing and communicating.
Visit Mark Hancock and Annie McDonald's blog