You are here
Developing writing skills: a news report
This lesson takes a process approach to developing writing skills. It is staged so that students are guided through the processes of collecting information and deciding how they will structure it within the text before they begin to write. Students are guided through the process of drafting, editing and redrafting the text to produce a final copy. There are also a number of suggested follow up activities.
Pre-Intermediate A2 and above
- To develop students' abilities to organise information and construct it into a text
- To develop students' abilities to revise, redraft and improve their writing
- To develop students' abilities to construct questions
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format.
- News - A lesson plan about news and the media which gives learners opportunities to express their own opinions. Suitable for learners of all ages from upper-primary and older at CEFR level B1 and above.
- Fake news - This lesson for older teenagers and adults at CEF level B1 and above looks at strategies for identifying fake news and fake websites.