You are here
Definitions - Get rid of it
- You need two sets of cards. White cards for the words and another colour for the questions. Put all questions in a bag or hat at the start of the game.
- Give each student at least three word cards, placed in front of them on their desks.
- Choose one card from the hat and read the question. Students study their word cards. Whoever has the corresponding word can get rid of it. The winner is the one who gets rid of all their cards first.
Example questions on cards:
- What type of animal has kittens?
- What’s the opposite of the verb ‘to borrow’?
- What do you call a person who cuts hair?
- Where can you buy medicine?
This activity first appeared on the British Council's Language Assistant website.