This lesson focuses on the difference between carnivores and herbivores. Students watch the video Triumph of the Herbivores, available from BBC Earth, about how herbivores escape being eaten by carnivores and then do one of the suggested follow-up activities.
Animals; carnivores and herbivores
B1 and up
45 – 60 mins
- To practise listening for specific information
- To discuss interesting facts about animals
- To promote critical thinking skills (categorising and classifying)
- To learn vocabulary related to animals including names of animals
- To learn vocabulary related to food
Youtube video: Triumph of the herbivores – Life of Mammals from BBC Earth
Online game: http://switchzoo.com/games/pleasedofeedtheanimals.htm
All the materials for this lesson plan can be downloaded below
By Leo Selivan
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format - right click on the attachment and save it on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org