British Council: TeachingEnglish - series overview
In this ten-part podcast series from the British Council, we try and provide solutions to some of the key questions being asked by English teachers around the world. Each episode explores a specific topic through interviews, a focus on recent developments and reports on British Council initiatives in English language teaching. Practical show notes and transcripts are available to download at the bottom of the page.
Episode 2: How can I make my teaching gender fair?
Although classrooms are becoming increasingly gender fair, the educational impacts of COVID-19 have affected females more than males. Now, more than ever, teachers need to continue to make their classrooms gender-fair places. In the first part of Episode 2, we learn about a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) recently created by the British Council, in which we explore its three modules, Gender representation in teaching materials, Understanding gender equality in teaching practice and Working with Gender equality in Education. In the second part, gender expert and educator Bhavna Gupta identifies simple ways in which all teachers, whatever their context, can ensure that all students are given equal opportunities.
Each episode contains downloadable show notes. These include the following:
- Ideas for how you could use the podcast in your teaching
- Detailed notes with extra information about the contents of the episode
- Useful links
- A lexical glossary of words and phrases from the episode, mapped to the CEFR
How to listen or subscribe to the podcast
You can listen and subscribe to the podcast in the following ways:
- Download the episode below
- Subscribe wherever you get your podcasts - just search for 'British Council: TeachingEnglish' and subscribe, or paste the RSS feed URL below in to your podcast platform: https://feeds.captivate.fm/british-council-teach/
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
- Episode 2 audio file
- Episode 2 Show notes
- Epsiode 2 Transcript
I want to thank the British Team for this beneficial subject when discussing gender in the classroom. We are living in the world of choices, then we have to respect one another as a teacher conscious of their responsibilities. Thank you so much for this content.
Thanks very much for this feedback, it makes a difference to us to know that it makes a difference to you :).