You are here
Beyond the polarisation of learner-centred and teacher-centred pedagogy
About the webinar
The webinar explores the reasons behind the failure to implement learner-centred approaches in developing world contexts. Evidence is recounted which questions the effectiveness of learner-centred approaches and favours effective whole-class teaching. Finally, attempts to promote a balanced approach to pedagogy through a teacher education project in Burma are showcased.
About the speaker
- Find out more about the EfECT project
- Read a blog post by Ian Clifford: 'Do learner-centred approaches work in every culture?'
- Download the presentation slides below.
- Download an academic paper: 'A transformative Pedagogy for Myanmar?' below.
- Download a bibliography below of useful further reading.
Watch a recording of the webinar below