Becoming a Better Teacher: Exploring Professional Development

Grow your skills as a teacher and learn more about professional development for teachers.

About this course

Keeping up professional development as a teacher can be hard to fit into a busy timetable. It doesn’t need to be. This online course, broken into simple steps, will help you develop your reflective skills and improve your practice in the classroom.

Join a community of others working in education, share your experiences and grow as a teacher. This is professional development designed to help you respond to your needs and is accessible to everyone whatever level of resource is available in their setting.

During the course, you will:

• Reflect on your own beliefs about teaching, learning and professional development
  • Explore the characteristics of successful professional development
  • Apply a range of tools, activities and strategies to reflect on and improve learning and teaching
  • Identify aspects of your professional practice to develop
  • Collaborate with and learn from peers by engaging with communities of practice
  • Develop your own iterative professional development plan

Find out more about this course

Comments

Submitted by GUNJAN DEEP KAUR on Tue, 05/26/2020 - 08:49

Hi! I want to upgrade myself with this online course to make my teaching effective.

Submitted by Viktoriia Shubka on Thu, 06/04/2020 - 17:28

Hi! I want to listen this course for my professional development.

Submitted by Marvindlplr on Thu, 07/16/2020 - 15:46

Hello! I would like to take this course for my professional development.

Submitted by Suman Shrestha on Tue, 08/25/2020 - 00:51

Hi, I am Suman Shrestha. I am a secondary level English teacher. I hope to learn new skill or ideas that develop my professionalism.

Submitted by Cath McLellan on Thu, 10/29/2020 - 11:06

In reply to by wurood.qusay.alhatab

If you would like to take this course, click on the link above "Find out more and enrol on this course". This will take you to the course page with the information you need to register for the course.

Best wishes,
Cath

Hi Tuanh,

If you click on the link above, it will take you to the FutureLearn website, where you can find out more about the course, when it is next being offered, and how to enroll.

Hope that helps,

Cath

Hi Mamouha

Click on the link above, which will take you to the FutureLearn website where you can find out more information about the course and how to enroll.

Thanks

Cath

Submitted by Kamran on Thu, 09/30/2021 - 05:21

I would like to enhance my teaching skills with different and modern tools to grow in my profession as a teacher.

Submitted by Trinh Thi Xuan Mai on Sat, 10/02/2021 - 06:39

Hi everybody,

I hope to impove both my learning and teaching thank to this course.

Submitted by Cath McLellan on Thu, 11/11/2021 - 14:39

In reply to by Kdeep Sidhu

Hi Kdeep

If you click the links above, ("Find out more"), they will take you to the FutureLearn course, where you can sign up for an alert for when the next course date are.

Thanks,
Cath

Submitted by Oumaima Hrich on Tue, 12/21/2021 - 19:19

I am interested in being a teacher.Please how can I enroll in this course?

Submitted by editor_rachael on Thu, 12/23/2021 - 13:33

In reply to by Oumaima Hrich

Hi Oumaima Hrich,

Click on the link above, which will take you to the FutureLearn website where you can find out more information about the course and how to enroll.

Best wishes,

Rachael
TeachingEnglish team

Hi Elmira-Murat

I'm afraid this course isn't running at the moment, but if you click on the "Find out more" link above, it will take you to the FutureLearn site, where you can sign up for a notification of when the course will be running and find out more information.

Thanks,
Cath

Submitted by Omaka on Mon, 02/14/2022 - 13:30

I have always loved the idea of the CPD.

I am super grateful for this opportunity just as I hope that there will be no issues like there was with the PSGN.

Thank you.

Please click on "Find out more" above. That link will take you to the Futurelearn website where you can find out more about the course, when it will be available and how to enrol.

Thanks,
Cath

Submitted by Stephen Wilson Chol on Fri, 04/08/2022 - 08:30

I am glad that I found this site because I need to learn English how to speak and how to teach .
As I am a primary teacher and non English speaker.
It would be great if I could get course and if possible give me information about how you do with remote learners.
Thank
Regards
Stephen W chol

Hi Stephen,
Glad that you have found our site :). The course 'Teaching pathways: Skills for remote teaching' starts on April 12th. Log into your TeachingEnglish account from that day and follow the instructions on this page to find the course: https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/teaching-pathways-skills-rem…
Hope you enjoy the course! You can find language learning resources on our site: https://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/
Anne
TeachingEnglish team

Sign up to our newsletter for teaching ideas and free resources