You are here
Assessing learning self-study booklet
It forms part of a series of self-study booklets, in which teachers will find useful theory and practice for teaching English effectively, including short case studies and professional development activities to do individually and with colleagues.
Featuring a range of engaging and accessible activities, the booklets help teachers to:
- identify areas for development
- find a variety of ways to improve their teaching knowledge
- develop the skills they need in and out of the classroom.
Teacher educators can make use of these materials to work with developing teachers to help assess and address their learning needs.
Each booklet covers one of the professional practices in the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Framework for teachers and is based on research into what effective professional development involves.
In this booklet, you will look at:
- Analysing your learners’ errors and providing constructive feedback
- Using assessment to monitor your learners’ understanding and inform subsequent teaching
- Applying the principles and practice of assessment to design tasks for measuring your learners’ progress
- Defining appropriate assessment criteria and/or applying assessment criteria consistently
- Engaging your learners in self-and peer assessment and developing their self- and peer assessment skills
- Preparing learners for formal assessment
The publications are free to download in pdf format