As classroom teachers, it is becoming more and more important to have a greater understanding of inclusive practices and develop strategies for our day-to-day classroom practice. Applying approaches to Special Educational Needs (SEN) is a 12-week moderated course which covers a wide range of learner needs that will help you immediately use inclusive practices with all your groups.
Language level needed: CEFR B1
Time: 36 hours/12 weeks
Start dates: 26/09/18 OR 10/10/18
Price: £250.00 (prices are in British pounds)
Each module is designed to provide three hours of input
- Module 1: Getting started
- Module 2: Understanding SEN
- Module 3: Engaging with SEN - dyslexia
- Module 4: Engaging with SEN - attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Module 5: Engaging with SEN - dyspraxia
- Module 6: Engaging with SEN - visual, hearing and physical impairment
- Module 7: Engaging with SEN - gifted and talented learners
- Module 8: Engaging with SEN - inclusive assessment approaches
- Module 9: Engaging with SEN - autism spectrum disorder
- Module 10: Engaging with SEN - social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Module 11: Engaging with SEN - speech and language
- Module 12: Engaging with SEN - multicultural influences
More about our moderated online teacher development courses
Online learning content
- Video, audio and text input - and a variety of tasks that help teachers develop essential knowledge and skills
- 12 modules, containing core learning content
- Each module consists of 3 x 1 hour units
Moderated discussion forums
- Online discussions with tutors and other participants, applying the ideas explored within the course to your situation
- 1 new moderated discussion forum each week
- Optional live online sessions that enable you to meet and speak to other participants, discuss and reflect upon learning from the course.
Application and reflection
- Scheduled period in which participants experiment and apply learning within own practice - with optional support from online tutor.
- Classroom-based assignments
- Put new ideas from the course into practice
- Reflect upon experimentation and get feedback from a British Council online tutor
Still not sure?
Enrol for our free self-access module 'Understanding Special Educational Needs' to get a feel for British Council Teaching for Success professional development.