You are here
21st century jobs
The Climate Action in Language Education series
This lesson is part of our series of 'Climate Action in Language Education' teaching materials. There are twelve lesson plans in the series, available for teachers of primary, secondary and adult learners of English. See the full list of lesson plans in this series.
About this lesson plan
This lesson will encourage learners to discuss the future of work and the environmental impact that the workplace can and could have. They will consider both the types of jobs that we can expect to develop in the 21st century and the nature and characteristics of the jobs. The final task will be to make a list of ideas for the future of work in the light of the climate crisis and global inequality.
The lesson plan and student materials have been designed to be used in either face-to-face classrooms or remote teaching contexts.
- To work in groups to analyse and discuss the future of work and its environmental impacts by using 21st-century skills
- To use a selection of modal verbs as required
- To write a short analytical paragraph on a collaborative basis
Age and level:
Adult learners at advanced level (CEFR C1)
The materials can be downloaded below in PDF format.
- Lesson plan for remote teaching contexts
- Lesson plan for face-to-face classroom teaching
- Remote teaching class presentation
- Student worksheets