Home › Over the mountains
Over the mountains
Submitted by Anonymous on 19 February, 2012 - 15:11
IWB or computer+projector, internet
- “Over the mountains” song and activity sheet from:
- Transport worksheet:
- Load the Over the mountains song. Mime the key transport vocabulary. Play Simon Says.
- Listen and watch the song. Ss complete part 1 of the activity sheet.
- Listen and watch again, getting the Ss to sing along, miming actions both for the transport and for the chorus.
- Brainstorm other means of transport. For extra practice, Ss could then complete this transport worksheet. Then, Ss complete part 2 of the activity sheet.
- Give each student 10 small cards with pictures of different means of transport. Optionally, the Ss can write “I’m ___ing in/on a ___” sentences on the cards.
- Play bingo! Each student needs a 2x3 grid. In groups of 4 (or 3 or 5), one student is the bingo master and keeps his cards in a pile. The other Ss choose 6 of their cards to go face up in the grid, the other 4 cards are put away. The bingo master then takes his cards one by one, saying “I’m ___ing in/on a ___” each time. The other Ss listen as each card is read, turning their own cards face down as they hear them. The first student with all their cards face down is the winner and shouts ‘bingo’. The Ss can play again, rotating the role of bingo master.
- In groups, Ss decide new verses for the song, by choosing four means of transport to use, and also possible choosing new places for the chorus. Each group can sing their song for the class, or teach their song to the class for everybody to sing.
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training