Whether you are training to be a teacher, just starting out in your career or have been teaching for several years, TKT Essentials is a moderated course that gives you the knowledge you need to prepare for the Cambridge ESOL TKT test and gain valuable knowledge about communicative language teaching.
- Inexperienced teachers or teachers in pre-service training
- Teachers preparing to take the TKT test
- Experienced teachers who want to gain knowledge of communicative language teaching
TKT Essentials gives you an introduction to English language teaching methodology and helps you develop your expertise in Communicative Language Teaching (CLT). The course is suitable for both beginning teachers who need to develop knowledge of key concepts in ELT and experienced teachers who want to update their methodology.
This course covers the key concepts in the theory of communicative language teaching. It provides a comprehensive introduction to knowledge for the teacher about language learners and actual classroom practice. The course structure and content is based on the syllabus of the Cambridge ESOL Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT). It can be taken in preparation for the CambridgeESOL Teaching Knowledge Test or as a teacher development course on its own. More information on the test is here: http://www.cambridgeesol.org/exams/tkt/index.html
The course comprises three modules, divided into a total of 34 units, each between 90 minutes and three hours long, as well as a Getting Started unit:
- Module 1 - Language and background to language learning and teaching (18 units/36 hours)
- Module 2 - Lesson planning and use of resources for language teaching (9 units/19 hours)
- Module 3 - Managing the teaching and learning process (7 units/15 hours)
Find out more by downloading the course outline below.