The course is aimed at teachers teaching primary children English in state or private schools or teachers teaching English in Secondary schools who would like to work in the primary sector.
If you want an introduction to teaching English to young learners aged 7 to 11, then this course is for you. Using video, audio and community elements, you will learn the essentials to help you succeed in your teaching.
This is a primary teacher development course for teachers of English teaching young learners aged 7 to 11 years old. It provides an introduction to the essential principles and practice of primary English language teaching. The course takes about 3 to 4 hours a week over 12 weeks and aims to help teachers:
- Identify some of the key areas associated with teaching English to children
- Identify key techniques for using songs and games to enhance children’s learning
- Understand how different learning styles affect the way we learn and identify different techniques for exploiting different learning styles
- Define how lesson planning is linked to syllabus and curriculum and explain how the curriculum can define what and how you teach
- Identify a variety of classroom management factors which affect the learning conditions in the young learner classroom
Participants are assessed at the end of each unit, and these assignments form a portfolio on which the participants are given a final assessment of distinction/pass/fail.
- Teaching resources
- Teacher development
- Teacher training