Primary Essentials provides teachers with an introduction to teaching English to young learners aged 7 to 11. Using video, audio and community elements, you will learn the essentials to help you succeed in your teaching of young learners.
Teachers of English teaching young learners aged 7-11 years old.
This course provides teachers with an introduction to the essential principles and practice of primary English language teaching.
The course takes about 3 to 4 hours a week over 12 weeks and aims to help teachers:
- identify some of the key areas associated with teaching English to children
- identify key techniques for using songs and games to enhance children’s learning
- understand how different learning styles affect the way we learn and identify different techniques for exploiting different learning styles
- define how lesson planning is linked to syllabus and curriculum and explain how the curriculum can define what and how you teach
- identify a variety of classroom management factors which affect the learning conditions in the young learner classroom
Participants are assessed at the end of each unit, and these assignments form a portfolio on which the participants are given a final assessment of distinction/pass/fail.
Find out more by downloading the course outline below.