Can anyone take these courses?
The courses available on TeachingEnglish are for in-service teachers. If you are not yet qualified or working as a teacher, you might like to try CELTA - see below.
What experience do I need to take the course?
This depends on the course - you can find more information about who each course is suitable for on the course page. You can use our continuing professional development framework to help you understand your level of experience: http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/continuing-professional-development
What level of English do I need?
This information is also available on the course page.
What are the different types of courses?
We offer three types of courses online
- Self-study workshops - workshops which you work through on your own to complete.
- Self-study courses - courses which you work through on your own to complete. Some self-study courses have the added option of having your portfolio assessed, in which case a tutor will assess and give feedback on your portfolio as you work through the course.
- Moderated courses - courses which are led by a moderator (online tutor). You work with the moderator and other teachers from around the world to complete the course.
How many people are on a moderated course?
There is a maximum of 20 participants on one course.
Do I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Certificates for all courses are provided as PDFs:
- Moderated courses and self-study courses taken with assessed portfolio: for participants who successfully complete the course, this will be a downloadable certificate of achievement with the tutor's signature and course grade.
- Self-study courses without assessed portfolio and the In-service Teacher Development Workshops: for participants who successfully complete all tasks, this will be a downloadable certificate of completion at the end of each unit.
Can I have a printed certificate or transcript?
If you would like a printed certificate after you have completed your course, we can send you a signed and stamped letter confirming your course result along with the stamped certificate. There is a £15 (GBP) charge for this service, using standard post. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to order your certificate. Please enquire for prices if you would like your certificate to be sent by courier.
Can I take a face-to-face teacher training course?
Yes! The British Council has an extensive network of teacher training centres. CELTA is just one of the many courses you can take with us around the world - find out which countries we offer it in here.
How do I pay?
The British Council uses PayPal for online payments. When you are accepted on a course, you will be sent payment instructions. You do not need a PayPal account in order to pay, and can pay with most credit cards. PayPal also allows you to pay with an e-cheque. See paypal.com for more information. Note that if you choose to use an e-cheque, your place on the course will not be guaranteed until the e-cheque has cleared.
What is the refund policy?
See this page for full details.
What are the terms of sale?
Please see this document.
If you have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org